MSU Bikes' Rental bike services
MSU Bikes offers select Jamis, Fuji and SE bikes for rental to the MSU Community (faculty, staff, students and alumni) and visitors to campus. Rental includes general maintenance* and a lock is provided. The customer must be present with their credit card to receive a deposit refund. No rentals or returns can be performed after-hours or on weekends.
Every rental customer agrees to and consents to MSU Bikes' Rental Agreement when purchasing one of our rental services.
Sorry, MSU Bikes does not offer insurance for our bike rentals. Please check with your home owners or renter’s insurance company to see if they might cover it in your policy
A refundable deposit of $200 will be charged upon purchasing the rental service for each bike rented. The deposit can be paid via any method but can only be refunded to a credit card (as we don't hold that much cash on hand).
Monday - Friday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm EST
(except for university holidays)
Note: Bikes can be picked up and returned after-hours with prior arrangements.
Security Deposit $200 (refundable with the return of the bike in good condition)
* Basic maintenance and general wear and tear items (tires, tubes, brake pads) are included during the lease period. Repairs for damage due to accidents or neglect are not included and will be charged at our normal service rates. Missing or stolen parts will result in partial loss of the deposit. Stolen bikes or those not returned will result in the complete loss of the deposit.
Department Fleet Services
Running cross-campus errands or entertaining visitors? Save the hassle of traffic, offer a healthy alternative for your staff breaks/ on-campus transportation and avoid problems finding car parking by adding a bike to your department transportation fleet.
*Sorry, these departmental services are only available in store, not online.
- Fastest way to get around campus
- Convenient, free parking
- Inexpensive at approximately 70¢ per day
- Encourage green transportation and support MSU’s sustainability goals!
Bike Sales Summary
- Various models available from Jamis Bikes and other brands we're adding. We can also special order any bike that Jamis makes.
Lease Program Summary
- New or used bikes from Jamis, Fuji and SE
- All-inclusive cost of $200 per year (per bike)
- Lock, permit and general wear and tear maintenance included
- Customizable to departmental or individual needs (baskets, fenders, lights, etc.)*
- Secure, dry bike storage is available to the campus community at two convenient locations on campus. See this page for more information on this service or go directly here to sign up.
- Renewable annually
- No deposit required**
* The cost and labor to install accessories are not included in the rental fee.
** Damage or loss of the bike may incur a charge to the department's account up to $200.